Warmer temperatures are on tap for the start of your Wednesday morning across Northern California. Clouds filling into the region overnight will help to keep temperatures from dipping into Hard Freeze territory in the valley this morning. Most valley areas are starting out in the low to mid 30's early today, and mountain areas have dipped into the teens and 20's overnight. Showers have returned to portions of the Coastal Range, and Northern Mountains. More scattered showers are likely in the mountains through the day, but valley areas are expected to stay dry. Snow levels are expected to hover around 1500', but some areas down to as low as 1000' may see a dusting of snow over the next couple of days. Winds will be out of the North to 10mph. High temperatures are projected to climb back into the low to mid 50's this afternoon in the valley, and into the mid 30's to mid 40's in the mountains later today.
Showers will become more widespread overnight, and will be possible across all of Northern California on Thursday. Mountain travel impacts are likely through the end of the week, as snow continues to fall through Friday. Looks like we could be looking at 5 to 8 inches of snow down to pass levels through Friday afternoon. It's a bit tougher to pinpoint where the best chance for showers in the valley will be, but it does look like amounts will be modest in lower elevations. Temperatures will be slightly cooler for the next couple of mornings, but high temperatures will actually be a few degrees warmer for the end of your work week.
Dry and cool conditions are expected for Northern California on Saturday. Valley areas will start out in the high 20's and end up in the mid 50's for the afternoon. Temperatures will be similar on Sunday, but the potential for mountain showers will return to our region. Another chance for showers will return to the majority of Northern California on Monday, and more showers will be possible through next week.
- Chilly temperatures & low snow ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain & snow ahead for Northern California
- Low snow brings major travel impacts to Northern California today
- Sunny skies & warmer temperatures ahead for Northern California
- More heavy rain & lower snow ahead for Northern California
- More rain, snow, & travel impacts ahead for Northern California
- Rain & snow return to Northern California today
- More showers ahead for Northern California
- Major warming trend ahead for Northern California
- Spring-like weather ahead for Northern California