LOS ANGELES (AP) - A school bus has caught fire on a Los Angeles freeway but nearly two dozen students got off safely.
City fire spokeswoman Margaret Stewart says the driver noticed smoke Wednesday afternoon while on U.S. 101 near Woodland Hills.
She says the driver pulled to the freeway shoulder, where four adults helped 23 kids to exit. No injuries are reported.
Television news footage showed the bus engulfed in flames. Westbound lanes were closed while crews doused the fire.
Officials say the bus serves a private school.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Children escape as school bus catches fire on LA freeway
- Children Escape House Fire in Anderson
- Vacant home catches fire in South Oroville
- Mobile Home Catches Fire in Red Bluff
- Car Catches Fire on Highway 99
- Paradise Man Records Escape from Camp Fire
- Catching Porch Pirates
- ‘Bizarre Trash’ Found Along California Freeways
- Accident involving school bus stops traffic
- Caught On Cam: Semi Vs. School Bus