DURHAM, Calif. - The CHP is searching for the driver of a vehicle that struck two children walking along the Midway in Durham Tuesday night, July 31.
It happened just before 9:00 p.m., south of Campbell Street.
An 11-year-old boy and his 7-year-old sister were walking to the store along the east shoulder of the Midway when an SUV heading north on the Midway drifted off the road and struck them, and did not stop.
Passersby stopped to help the children, called for help and contacted the parents.
Investigators say the little girl had a broken leg, and her brother was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect vehicle is described as a larger to midsized dark-colored SUV, possibly a Chevy Tahoe, with right front end damage.
Anyone with information is asked to call the CHP at (530) 332-2800.
- Children Injured in Durham Hit and Run
- Vehicle rollover leaves 1 injured near Durham
- Hit and Run Injures Chico Child
- 500 People in Durham for annual Almond Blossom Run
- Hit-and-run crash leaves 1 woman injured
- Benefit for Durham teen battling cancer
- Car crashes into hardware store in Durham
- Solo Crash Leaves Durham Man Hospitalized
- Storm Watch: Durham Road Closures and Flooding
- Durham's May Day Parade draws a crowd