CHICO, Calif. - Traffic delays are expected for Chico’s Eighth Avenue as safety improvements are done with the Esplanade adjacent street.
Crews will be installing safer crosswalks for pedestrians including wheelchair friendly ramps and flashing lights for when it’s safe to cross.
During the construction work, West Eighth Avenue will be closed on the frontage road. Drivers are encouraged to give themselves extra time or find a different route as traffic delays are expected.
City officials say the project could last through mid-September.
- Chico’s Eighth Avenue Getting Safety Improvements, Causes Delays
- Chico improves school safety amidst mass shootings
- Standoff situation ends in Chico Avenues neighborhood
- New apartments draw traffic and safety concerns for Chico's Nord Avenue
- Traffic Alert: Kennedy Avenue
- Chico Roundabout Beautification May Delay Some Drivers
- Avenue Q Spring Musical at CSU, Chico Next Week
- Eighth animal dies after jaguar escapes Audubon Zoo habitat
- New DMV Laws Aim to Improve Rider Safety
- Motorcycle Crashes on Mangrove Avenue