CHICO, Calif. - Traffic delays are expected for Chico’s Eighth Avenue as safety improvements are done with the Esplanade adjacent street.
Crews will be installing safer crosswalks for pedestrians including wheelchair friendly ramps and flashing lights for when it’s safe to cross.
During the construction work, West Eighth Avenue will be closed on the frontage road. Drivers are encouraged to give themselves extra time or find a different route as traffic delays are expected.
City officials say the project could last through mid-September.
- Chico’s Eighth Avenue Getting Safety Improvements, Causes Delays
- Chico improves school safety amidst mass shootings
- Standoff situation ends in Chico Avenues neighborhood
- Chico police investigating stabbing on Nord Avenue
- More safety improvements to Highway 70
- New apartments draw traffic and safety concerns for Chico's Nord Avenue
- Chico Roundabout Beautification May Delay Some Drivers
- Traffic Alert: Kennedy Avenue
- Stanley Avenue Project Approved
- Eighth animal dies after jaguar escapes Audubon Zoo habitat