Chico’s vice mayor says she won't seek re-election.
Reanette Fillmer was elected in 2014.
Tuesday she announced she has accepted a job at golden state farm credit as senior vice president.
In her news release Fillmer says, "The decision not to seek re-election wasn't easy. But in the end I believe that Chico residents deserve leaders who can commit the time necessary to build upon the recent accomplishments of the current council."
With Fillmer stepping down in November there will be three seats on the council up for grabs.
Fillmer is endorsing candidate Kasey Reynolds.
- Chico vice mayor does not seek re-election
- Redding Vice Mayor stepping down in November
- Petition circulates for recall of Paradise mayor, vice mayor
- Former Chico Mayor Arrested
- Candidates file intent to seek election to Chico City Council
- Chico Mayor defends pot ban
- Chico Mayor unveils "Community Court"
- Chico State President and Chico Mayor Address CSUC Faculty
- Tehama Co. DA Gregg Cohen won’t seek re-election
- Chico Mayor: City is considering options on homeless public feedings