Photo Gallery 6 Images
Wednesday is National Pink Shirt Day, a day in which schools want kids to stand up against bullying on campus.
The day is being marked by schools throughout the Chico Unified School District.
This is video from last year.
In leading up to the day, faculty at Chapman Elementary School got started early in reminding students about what they should do if they experience or witness bullying.
Counselor Ashley Trezza said, “Throughout this month we've been going into classrooms doing a bully prevention unit to kind of explain to the kids what bullying is to stand up and how to be a great bystander and have bystander power and kind of stand up and be kind.”
By the way, the reason Ashley's hair is hard to miss, yesterday was wild hair day at Chapman Elementary.
Students at the school will begin their day by walking through a group of people making up a human kindness tunnel.
- Chico students celebrate National Pink Shirt Day
- National Ice Cream Day Celebrated in Chico
- National Flag Day Celebrated in Willows
- International Women's Day celebration at Chico State
- Chico students prepare for national school walkout
- 'National School Walkout' planned, Chico students participating
- Oroville students gather for National History Day
- Celebrate National Puppy Day with Action News Now
- History of Chico celebrated in 101st ‘Pioneer Days Parade’
- National Peanut Butter Day