CHICO, Calif. - Chico resident Gentry Stein won the 2019 World Yo-Yo Contest in Cleveland, Ohio on Saturday, Aug. 10.
Over 200 qualified players from 21 countries participated including last year's champion.
Stein out-scored them all and earned the 1A World Yo-Yo Champion title.
This is Stein's second World Yo-Yo title. He also won in 2014 in Prague, Czech Republic.
Stein earned qualification to the championship by winning the 2019 National Yo-Yo Contest this past July in Philadelphia. He now has four National titles and two World titles.
Chico-Paradise resident Nathan Dailey scored fourth in the standings with a brilliant performance in the extremely competitive finals.
Both players are instructors at the Chico Yo-Yo Club at the National Yo-Yo Museum and will be judging at the Junior National’s coming to Chico, Oct. 5th.
The video above shows Stein's National winning Yo-Yo routine.
- Chico man becomes 2019 yo-yo national champion
- Yo, ho, ho! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is upon us!
- Chico supports World AIDS Day
- Chico group helps hungry residents in need
- Chico Residents Gather to Honor MLK's Legacy
- Chico Residents Create 'Cancel Kavanaugh' Event
- Cook Off Offers Chico Residents CPR Lessons