CHICO, Calif. - Chico police officers used a footprint match to arrest two suspected burglars on Sunday night.
Around 9:40 p.m. on Sunday, officers responded to reports of a burglary on the 300 block of Cedar Street.
The victim told officers that two suspects knocked on their door and rang the doorbell several times. Once they believed the victim was not home, they kicked open the door, according to the victim.
Two people were seen leaving the area when officers arrived and were detained. They have been identified as Pankaj Khalasi, 28, and Edson Gomez-Estrada, 29.
Officers also noticed a distinct footprint on the door of the home. This was later matched to Khalasi's shoes.
Khalasi was arrested on charges of burglary and violation of court probation. Gomez-Estrada was arrested on charges of providing a false name to officers and accessory.
- Chico police use footprint match to arrest burglary suspects
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Chico Police arrest suspect in CVS burglary
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Police arrest suspect linked to burglary in south Chico
- Police Arrest 2 Burglary Suspects at Home in Chico
- Chico State reduces hours, carbon footprint
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Chico Transient Arrested for Burglary
- Vehicle Burglary Suspects Sought in Chico