CHICO, Calif. - Chico police arrested a man on for possession of a concealed firearm after they were investigating reports of multiple shots being fired across an apartment complex on Pomona Avenue at 1:45 a.m. on Wednesday.
On Friday police said they are looking for other suspects and more information about the shooting incident. Police said they found evidence of shots fired, but did not find any damage to buildings or people.
During the investigation police located a maroon vehicle near the intersection of Walnut St. and W. 3rd St. that had been observed leaving the area of the incident.
One suspect was pulled over in that vehicle about a mile away on 3rd St. and Walnut St.
Chico police ended up arresting 26-year-old John Taylor on firearms charges. Police said they located a 9mm handgun under the driver's seat of the vehicle.
Police are asking anyone with more information to contact them at (530) 897-4900.
- Chico police still investigating Wednesday shooting incident
- Chico police investigating two overnight shootings
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Chico Police Investigate Possible Shooting Outside Apartments
- Chico police respond to 2 stabbing incidents
- Chico Police Investigating Crime Spree
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Chico Police Investigate Drive-by Shooting in Chapmantown
- Last Patient Released, Police Continue to Investigate Mass-Overdose Incident
- Police investigating "suspicious death" in Chico