CHICO, Calif. - Chico police are sharing the results of the "Turn in Your Vape" campaign that started just over three weeks ago.
The number of vaping lung injury cases continues to increase daily. The CDC is consistently releasing new numbers on vaping-related illnesses, with a big focus on youth.
The use of vape products amongst middle school and high school youth has continued to increase over the past years with more people who use the products becoming ill as a result.
The Chico Police Departments School Resource Unit partnered with Jamba Juice on East Ave. and Round Table Pizza, the Pillsbury location.
The goal of the campaign is to focus on local youth and get them to turn in their vape devices. While also helping the youth to not get addicted to nicotine and help to slow the epidemic of teen vaping.
In just over three weeks’ time, the Chico Police Department School Resource Unit said they obtained 17 refillable vape devices and 19 single-use devices from local high school youths.
“Seeing all of this stuff about the dangers of vaping is making me quit.” one local teen said to officers.
- Chico police share results of 'Turn in Your Vape' campaign
- Chico police investigating ride-share sexual assault claim
- Chico Police Enforce 'Click It Or Ticket' Campaign
- Republican John Cox Campaigned In Chico
- Chico State Hosts "Wildcats Vote" Campaign Forum
- Chico housing turns to infill construction
- Chico Unified School District hosts workshop to combat vaping
- Glenn County Election Results
- Tehama County Election Results
- Butte County Election Results