The Chico Police Department is investigating two shootings that occurred Friday evening near the North and South campus area of Chico.
According to Chico police, the first shooting happened just after 7:30 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of West First Avenue.
Once officers arrived at the location they found evidence suggesting a shooting took place, but officers were unable to locate any victims or suspects.
Officers did learn that a black colored sedan was seen fleeing the area immediately after the shooting at West First Avenue, according to CPD.
Hours later, just before 1 a.m. Saturday, CPD said that officers responded to the 400 block of Ash Street on reports of shots seen inside an apartment.
Officers then surrounded the apartment complex, where a specific apartment was identified to be the location of the shooting and all the occupants inside came out and were detained without incident, according to CPD.
Officers then learned a party was held inside the apartment and a fight broke out which caused one person to pull out a handgun and fire a single round into the apartment.
Luckily no one was struck by gunfire, but the suspect fled the area, according to CPD.
The investigations are still active and on-going, anyone with information is asked to contact CPD at (530)-897-4900.
- Chico police investigating two overnight shootings
- Police investigating two deaths overnight in Chico
- Chico police investigate stabbing
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Chico Police Investigate Possible Shooting Outside Apartments
- Chico police still investigating Wednesday shooting incident
- Chico police investigating late-night shooting
- Chico Police Investigating Crime Spree
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Chico Police Investigate Drive-by Shooting in Chapmantown