CHICO, Calif. - Chico police cited three clerks for selling tobacco products to minors on Wednesday, as part of their youth decoy program.
The actions were the result of a youth decoy program in which minors, under the supervision of School Resource Officers, attempted to purchase tobacco products from 13 tobacco retail licensees in Chico.
The goal of the operation was to limit youth access to tobacco and vape products. Also, to confirm that local businesses are operating within compliance of the law, Chico police said.
The following establishments were cited for selling tobacco product(s) to the minor decoy:
• Cigs N Stogies, 243 W 2nd St #2 Chico
• Seven-Eleven, 101 Main St Chico
• Sinclair’s Gas, 2036 Forest Ave Chico
The Chico Police Department said they will continue to conduct periodic compliance checks to reduce the availability of tobacco and vape products to the youth, Chico police said.
This project is part of the State of California Department of Justice Tobacco Grant Program, funded by the California Healthcare, Research and Prevention Tobacco Tax Act of 2016.
- Chico police conduct tobacco decoy operation
- Chico police crack down on tobacco decoy operation
- Redding PD and California ABC conduct decoy operations
- Anderson police conduct monthly neighborhood enforcement operation
- Chico Police Department conducts crime sweep
- Police Conduct Targeted Enforcement Effort
- Chico Police sting operation nets 11 criminals
- Oroville Police arrest four people for buying alcohol for minors through Decoy Shoulder Tap program
- Redding Police used decoy to cite three store clerks for selling alcohol to minors
- Juveniles Conduct Armed Robbery in Downtown Chico: Police