Chico police partnered with the Butte County Probation Department for a theft enforcement operation, specifically geared to people who are on probation for theft and burglary.
According to the Chico Police Department, officials began on Friday, where a sting operation was conducted later that evening.
Authorities used a “bait vehicle” to catch people breaking into the vehicles around downtown Chico.
As a result of the operation, there were:
• 6 felony arrests
• 3 firearms (one reported stolen)
• 2 recovered stolen bicycles
• 30 grams of heroin
A similar operation was conducted in Dec. 2017, which resulted in several arrests, according to CPD officials.
- 6 arrested after Chico theft enforcement operation
- Chico Police partner with area agencies for theft enforcement
- POLICE: Multiple arrests in Oroville during ABC enforcement operation
- Chico Police Arrest Man for Auto-Theft
- Chico Man Arrested for Theft and Drugs
- Anderson police conduct monthly neighborhood enforcement operation
- Chico Heat to Suspend Operations
- $3,000 bike theft, man arrested after running from Chico police
- 3 Arrested for Alleged Mail Theft in southeast Chico
- Chico Police Arrest Two in Attempted RV Theft