CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department is bringing back its specialized street crimes unit.
The unit, which will start immediately, will focus on street-level crimes for the next several months. These crimes include robberies, burglaries, drug and gun offenses, and bike thefts.
Police officials said they're able to devote the extra manpower because college is out for the summer, so there is less work in the areas around campus.
The team will consist of one sergeant, six officers and one community services officer.
Last year, the street crimes unit made 282 arrests during an 11-week period.
- Chico police bring back street crimes unit
- Chico Police Street Crimes Unit Disbanded
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 16 arrests made
- Chico Police Street Crimes Unit Makes 25 Weekend Arrests
- Chico Street Crimes Unit Makes 76 Arrests in 3 Weeks
- 21 More Arrests from the ‘Chico Street Crimes Unit’
- Chico City Council to Consider Permanent Street Crimes Unit
- Street crimes unit makes 17 arrests in Chico
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 13 arrests made in week 7
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 5 arrests made in week 8