CHICO, Calif. - Chico Police Department seized an AK-47 assault rifle, an AR-15 rifle, more than 100 rounds of ammunition and drugs from the apartment of a convicted felon.
Police said they received information around 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 11 that Francisco Rogelio Rameriz had violated a domestic violence restraining order.
They forced entry into his apartment on Notre Dame Boulevard where Rameriz was pretending to be asleep in his bedroom. Police searched the residence and found weapons, 2.8 kilograms of marijuana and an indicator of drug sales, as well as illegal fireworks.
Rameriz was arrested on a number of felony charges.
- Chico man arrested for violating restraining order with assault rifles, illegal fireworks and drugs
- Paradise man arrested again for violating restraining order
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- Paradise PD arrest man for illegal gun and drug possession
- Chico Man Arrested for Theft and Drugs
- Redding traffic collision leads to arrest of man possessing assault rifle
- California Authorities Bust 49,000 Pounds of Illegal Fireworks
- Teens and illegal fireworks blamed for brush fire
- No citations in Butte County for illegal fireworks
- Crews extinguish fire caused by illegal fireworks in Redding