CHICO, Calif. - Firefighters responded to a fire burning in a concrete planter box in the parking lot of Christian & Johnson Co. on East 1st Ave.
Firefighters said it was clear that the fire had been caused by a human due to the materials found in the planter box.
Chico police identified the suspect with the help of surveillance video, 42-year-old, Jesse Gerber of Chico.
Detectives from Chico police said surveillance video captured Gerber walking through the parking lot, checking for anyone in the area, then starting a fire inside the planter box. Once the fire was lit, Gerber left the area.
On Sept. 16, Gerber was contacted by the Chico Police Department and arrested on the above warrant. He was subsequently transported to Butte County Jail and booked on a single count of Arson.
Officers identified him as a known transient.
- Chico man arrested for arson in Christian & Johnson Co. parking lot
- Iconic Christian & Johnson set to move locations
- Chico police arrest woman for arson near Chico Trailer Haven
- Siskiyou County man arrested on arson charges
- Open House for Johnson Park Project
- Report of parking lot cannabis sale leads to multiple arrests
- Plumas County Man arrested for arson and homicide
- Man's Truck Stolen From Hospital Parking Lot: Found Stripped
- Arson Suspects Arrested in Placer County
- Cottonwood Residents Relieved After Arson Suspect Arrested