CHICO, Calif. - A Chico man registered as a sex offender was arrested on charges of contacting a minor.
Deputies with the Butte County Sheriff's Office posed as a 13-year-old girl and began communicating with Ryan McClure, 25, through social media accounts.
McClure sent sexually suggestive comments and was attempting to meet who he thought was a 13-year-old girl.
He is currently on parole for similar charges and is registered as a sex offender. Deputies were able to track his GPS monitor take him into custody.
McClure was arrested on charges of contact a minor to commit a felony and sending harmful matter to seduce a minor.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Butte County Sheriff's Office at (530) 538-7671.
- Chico sex offender arrested on charges of contacting minor
- Humboldt County sex offender arrested with narcotics
- Placer County Sheriffs Arrest Sex Offender
- Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in Oroville
- Chico man charged with sextrafficking a minor
- Sex Offender Ordered to Stay Away from Downtown Chico
- Redding NPU arrests sex offender for probation violation
- 3 Sex Offenders Arrested During Shasta County Multi-Agency Operation
- Redding man arrested, charged with lewd acts with minor