CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Fire department was at B Street Public House in Chico Wednesday morning after smoke was seen coming from the building.
Brian Hagen, captain of the Chico Fire Department, said that after they entered the restaurant they found a griddle that had been left on, which caused the smoke.
Hagen said there is no damage to the building or the appliances.
Will Brady, the owner of B Street Public House, said that the store had already been closed all week to replace a drain line after it collapsed.
He said that some employees do some prep work at B Street Public House for The Banshee, a restaurant located down the street, and some of the employees may have left the grill on.
"I'm glad everyone got out quickly," Brady said. "It was a community effort."
- Chico fire responds to smoke from B Street Public House
- Chico Fire responds to house fire
- Person suffers smoke damage in Chico house fire
- Chico Fire Contains a House Fire on East 20th Street
- Chico Fire responds to man in tree
- Crews respond to early morning house fire
- Chico Fire responds to restaurant fire that leaves significant damage
- Fire crews responded to fire in downtown Chico law office
- Chico Mayor opposes Butte County housing shortage bill, Assemblyman responds
- CAL FIRE respond to house fire in Thermalito