Chico fire responds to smoke from B Street Public House

The Chico Fire department was at B Street Public House in Chico Wednesday morning after smoke was seen coming from the kitchen.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 11:19 AM
Updated: Mar 27, 2019 11:20 AM

CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Fire department was at B Street Public House in Chico Wednesday morning after smoke was seen coming from the building. 

Brian Hagen, captain of the Chico Fire Department, said that after they entered the restaurant they found a griddle that had been left on, which caused the smoke. 

Hagen said there is no damage to the building or the appliances. 

Will Brady, the owner of B Street Public House, said that the store had already been closed all week to replace a drain line after it collapsed. 

He said that some employees do some prep work at B Street Public House for The Banshee, a restaurant located down the street, and some of the employees may have left the grill on. 

"I'm glad everyone got out quickly," Brady said. "It was a community effort." 

Article Comments

Chico
Clear
64° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 64°
Oroville
Clear
64° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 64°
Paradise
Clear
64° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 64°
Chester
Clear
43° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 43°
Red Bluff
Clear
65° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 65°
Willows
Clear
64° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 64°
Back in the 80s on Monday with sunshine lasting all week next week. Windy and dry conditions Wednesday and Thursday will lead to elevated fire weather concerns.
KHSL Severe
KHSL Radar
KHSL Temperatures

Community Events