Photo Gallery 2 Images
CHICO, Calif. - A fire destroyed a shed in the backyard of a home in Chico. The fire burned the hands of the man who lives in the home.
The fire happened at the corner of Humboldt and Olive streets. Firefighters on scene told Action News Now winds posed a danger when that shed caught on fire.
The homeowner and his son said they attempted to put out the flames themselves.
Firefighters said there were no other injuries and luckily they were able to contain the fire before it spread.
Fire captain Carlos Munoz said they tried to identify what was burning.
"It was a detached garage," Munoz said. "With the wind and fire that we have today, it threatened the house itself. Luckily we were able to get suppression."
Investigators are still looking into the cause of the fire.
- Chico building catches flames on Olive Street
- Flames make Chico home 'unlivable'
- Flames destroy part of Chico church
- Chico police support Special Olympics with 'Flame of Hope' run
- Chico police catch burglary suspect from January
- Chico street crime arrests continue
- Chico-based 'California Olive Ranch' to be highlighted at Winter Fancy Food Show
- Mobile Home Destroyed by Flames in Dairyville
- Palermo mobile home completely burned by flames
- Flames destroy home north of Oroville