BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Chico and Oroville’s airports are getting an infusion of federal funding.
The Department of Transportation announced a combined $3.2 million in grant money for the two airports.
Chico will get $2.6 million for taxiway repairs and Oroville will get $657,000 to build a taxiway.
Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao says the grants are “down payments to ensure the Chico and Oroville airports remain economic engines as demand grows.
- Chico and Oroville Airports Receive Repair Grants
- Chico road repair money
- Airport Commission looking at enhancing Chico Airport
- Oroville Train Trestle set to get Repairs
- Oroville Dam Receives Unsatisfactory Rating
- Chico and Oroville receive $5-million for post-Camp Fire impacts
- Oroville police receive grant to pay for new Oroville K-9 Officer
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Corning receives Prop 47 grant
- Oroville Man Receives Heart Transplant from Firefighter