BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Chico and Oroville’s airports are getting an infusion of federal funding.
The Department of Transportation announced a combined $3.2 million in grant money for the two airports.
Chico will get $2.6 million for taxiway repairs and Oroville will get $657,000 to build a taxiway.
Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao says the grants are “down payments to ensure the Chico and Oroville airports remain economic engines as demand grows.
- Chico and Oroville Airports Receive Repair Grants
- Chico road repair money
- Oroville Train Trestle set to get Repairs
- Oroville Dam Receives Unsatisfactory Rating
- Chico and Oroville receive $5-million for post-Camp Fire impacts
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Oroville Man Receives Heart Transplant from Firefighter
- Recreation at Lake Oroville Impacted by Spillway Repair Project
- Oroville Dam Repair Project Prepared to Meet Construction Deadline
- Emergency landing at the Chico airport