CHICO, Calif. - A Chico woman is recovering from terrible burns Monday morning, caused when she was set on fire. Police say her husband is responsible.
The incident happened Friday night at a home on Laburnum Avenue.
Chico police say they found the woman with severe burns to her chest and arms. They say her husband poured gasoline on her and set her on fire after an argument.
Neighbor Jocelyn Bermudez told Action News Now that, "I kind of was like, standing out there watching... and when one of the cop cars, the cop came out, and before he went over there he came over here and walked toward me. He asked me if I had seen a man walking around with a chainsaw and a gasoline tank and I was like, 'No, I haven't, but I'm going to go inside.'"
Police say the husband -- 36-year old Steve Ramirez -- is now behind bars. The victim was flown to a burn center out of the area.
- ICYMI: Chico Woman Who Was Set on Fire is Recovering; Husband Arrested
- ICYMI: Chico Co-Workers Claim 4.9M Powerball Lottery Prize
- ICYMI: Thermalito Woman Upset About Oroville Mayoral Race Campaign Photos
- ICYMI: Almond Board Predicts Record Almond Crop
- ICYMI: California State Parks Offers Virtual Visits
- Chico woman recovering after being hit by train
- Deputies arrest 3, recover stolen firearm during Chico traffic stop
- ICYMI: Police Say Rite Aid Pharmacy Robberies in Chico and Redding Are Related
- ICYMI: Chico Mayor talks homelessness, housing and budget at State of the City
- ICYMI: New Program for Inmates at Butte County Jail