CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department Street Crimes D Unit arrested 22 more people during week 4 of the operation.
The "D" Unit has made 68 arrests so far during this operation.
The Street Crimes "D" Unit has a mission to impact the street level crime that affects the quality of life in Chico. This includes such crimes as robbery, burglary, gun and drug offenses, and bike and other kinds of thefts. The team is also mandated to work to keep Chico's public spaces safe.
The focus this week was primarily on the Esplanade corridor between 11th Avenue and East Avenue and in the One-Mile area of Bidwell Park.
These are some of the people who were arrested this week:
49-year-old Kory Witt from Chico was arrested at the 1300 block of East Avenue for drug sales and an outstanding warrant
58-year-old Albert Barquera of Chico was arrested in the East Avenue/Esplanade corridor for possession of drug paraphernalia and a parole violation
27-year-old Steven Meneses from Chico was arrested on Notre Dame Blvd. for resisting arrest
25-year-old Connor Murgia of Chico was arrested for felony possession of a concealed dagger
31-year-old Jose Gutierrez from Chico was arrested for an outstanding warrant, possession of a stolen bicycle, possession of heroin and resisting arrest
- Chico Street Crimes 'D' Unit reports 22 more arrests
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 16 arrests made
- Chico Police Street Crimes Unit Disbanded
- Chico police bring back street crimes unit
- Chico Street Crimes Unit Makes 76 Arrests in 3 Weeks
- 21 More Arrests from the ‘Chico Street Crimes Unit’
- Chico Police Street Crimes Unit Makes 25 Weekend Arrests
- Street crimes unit makes 17 arrests in Chico
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 13 arrests made in week 7
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 5 arrests made in week 8