CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department's street crimes unit is ramping up its effort to clean up the city's streets in the summer.
Seventeen offenders were arrested over the past week by the Chico Police Department Street Crimes D Unit. Several of the arrested offenders were wanted felons.
The arrests were made following two different methods. One was proactive law enforcement in the Bidwell Park/One-Mile Park area, as well as Main Street in downtown and the East Avenue/Esplanade corridor. The other was based on "focused surveillance," which means the unit searched for specific wanted persons.
The mission of the Street Crimes "D" Unit is to impact the street level crime that affects the quality of life in this community. Example of crimes that fit into the "D" unit's mission includes robbery, burglary, gun and drug offenses, bike and other types of theft. The Unit also works to keep public spaces safe in Chico.
Here are photos and descriptions of some of this week's arrests:
Jordan Tapp, 25, of Chico, was arrested on a parole violation. Tapp was arrested one-month prior for being a felon in possession of a firearm and was out on bail for that incident.
Michael Borden, 29, of Chico was arrested at the Esplanade and Lindo Channel for resisting arrest, drug possession and possession of burglary tools. He was also arrested for an outstanding felony warrant.
Michelle Johnston, 37, of Chico, was arrested for drug possession and violation of probation.
Rocky Shelton, 44, of Chico, was arrested in the One Mile Park area of Bidwell Park for drug possession and an outstanding warrant.
- Street crimes unit makes 17 arrests in Chico
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 16 arrests made
- Chico Street Crimes Unit Makes 76 Arrests in 3 Weeks
- Chico Police Street Crimes Unit Makes 25 Weekend Arrests
- Chico Police Street Crimes Unit Disbanded
- Chico police bring back street crimes unit
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 5 arrests made in week 8
- 21 More Arrests from the ‘Chico Street Crimes Unit’
- Chico Street Crimes 'D' Unit reports 22 more arrests
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 13 arrests made in week 7