CHICO, Calif. - Bilingual professors at Chico State showed off their final projects this week from their summer teacher institute.
The institute helps to increase Spanish vocabulary in math and sciences for two-way immersion schools and provides tuition support for bilingual student-teachers.
Cielo Project participant Autumn Strait said, "We are learning tools to be like able to make connections from native languages in Spanish to other languages like in English."
This is the second year of the five-year project. It was created by Chico State and funded in 2017 through a more than $2 million dollar grant from the Department of Education.
- Chico State supports bilingual teachers and programs
- Passport program in place at Chico State
- Chico supports World AIDS Day
- Chico State Encouraging More Support for Senate Bill 968
- Chocolate lovers support Paradise youth programs
- Chico State cross country program sweeps CCAA Championships
- Chico Police support Next Door App
- Chico State graduations continue
- Chico State political confrontation
- Chico Retail Watch Program Reporting Successes