Chico, Calif. -- Chico State is taking part in a global philanthropic movement called Giving Tuesday.
The school is hosting Giving Day to raise money for a variety of Chico State organizations.
It's a comprehensive, 24-hour fundraising effort where donors can choose to contribute to a variety of causes.
Some of the causes include paying for professional attire and allowing student clubs to attend national conferences.
Organizations participating in the day-long fundraising spoke about their causes in the Trinity Commons.
It's a great way for the community to say thank you and give back to the organizations that give so much to them.
"Any gift to any area to support our student groups, our clubs. It's anything to support our student groups and programs. We're encouraging our alumni and friends to give back to organizations they care about," said Kristine Mazzei, Executive Director of University Development.
Eleven Chico State supporters pledged up to $46,000 as dollar-for-dollar matches for certain funds.
If you would like to donate to Chico State's 24-hour Giving Day, there's still time.
You can contribute at: www.Csuchico.Edu/giving-day/
- Chico State hosting a 24-hour fundraising effort
- New idea for 24-hour bathrooms in downtown Chico
- Chico State hosts panel to discuss homelessness
- Chico State Hosts "Wildcats Vote" Campaign Forum
- Mount Shasta Police Department brings back 24-hour dispatch center
- Chico recall effort invalidated due to error
- 17th annual Chico Empty Bowls fundraiser
- Fundraiser to Benefit Chico Toddler Fighting Cancer
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Chico State men's basketball team hosts Red/White Scrimmage