CHICO, Calif. - Chico State will host its third annual Hungry Wildcat Food Pantry night on Friday, Oct. 11.
The food drive will take place during the Chico State's women and men's soccer games. The women's game starts at 4:30 p.m., and the men kick off at approximately 7 p.m.
There will be a booth set up inside the soccer stadium to collect food and cash donations which benefit Chico State's food pantry.
The pantry serves around 225 students a day, according to Chico State.
Last academic year, the pantry distributed more than 50tons of food to approximately 6,000 students.
Currently, about two-thirds of the Pantry's shelf-stable food is strategically purchased through the food bank and wholesale channels, according to Chico State.
The remaining is donated through the Chico Food Project, annual food drives, food rescue, and direct donations, like this one.
Additionally, organic and sustainably grown produce is purchased through the University Farm's Organic Vegetable Project and other regional produce distributors.
- Chico State host 3rd annual food pantry night
- CSUC food pantry receives 80k from grant
- Chico CARD Center hosts annual Spring Jamboree
- Chico Salvation Army is seeking donors for Hungry Wildcat Food Pantry
- Annual Chico Kite Day
- Chico State hosts panel to discuss homelessness
- Chico State hosting a 24-hour fundraising effort
- Chico State Hosts "Wildcats Vote" Campaign Forum
- Chico Mall Hosts Annual Back to School Supply Drive