CHICO, Calif. - Chico State's Wildcat Food Pantry held an event on Wednesday called 'Cal Fresh Outreach After Dark.'
The organizers decided to move the event to the Meriam Library Lobby to reach more students and give them more privacy when signing up for the food program.
"50 percent of our students here on campus identify themselves as food insecure," said Emily Foxworthy, a Cal Fresh outreach campus educator. "Before the Camp Fire, we were hitting 250-300 visitors at the pantry per day."
Cal Fresh application assistance is being provided along with healthy study snacks, additional food resource information and Hungry Wildcat Food Pantry information.
The food pantry is located at the Student Services Center on Chico State's campus.
- Chico State holds 'Cal Fresh After Dark' event
- Cal Fire
- Cal Fire Biologist Holds Forestry Seminar in Redding
- Lucero campaign holds petition signature event
- Homeowner Hold-up in Chico State Campus Expansion
- CAL FIRE extinguishes house fire north of Chico
- Chico Fire among recipients of CAL FIRE grants
- North State Memorial Day Events
- Halloween events coming to the Chico Mall
- Pit Bull stolen from Chico adoption event