Chico State officials intend to appoint their interim police chief to the position permanently, instead of going through a national recruitment process.
Chief John Reid says he's interested in the job.
He's been interim chief since early September.
Before that he was Chief of Police at CSU Channel Island and at the University of Wisconsin whitewater.
A graduate of the FBI academy, he's had 36 years of law enforcement experience, which includes 25 years in university settings.
The university will review comments from staff before the decision is final, but it's hoped Reid will become the permanent Chief on December 27th.
- Chico State gets a new Police Chief
- New Chico State Police Chief starts
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Chico State graduations continue
- Chico State political confrontation
- Chico City Council appoints new fire chief
- Chico Fire Chief talks about staffing concerns
- Paradise Appoints New Police Chief
- New Paradise Chief of Police