CHICO, Calif.—As the college year comes to a close this week thousands of students at Chico State are heading home.
Students living on campus have 48 hours to pack up and go.
The dorm move out on Chico State campus is underway.
University Police will have Legion Avenue blocked off to move out and pick up only.
This will mean traffic control along Warner Street.
Sean Murphy Media Relations at Chico State said, “There will be a huge influx of people in the street and the big exodus happened. It can be tricky and it's kind of a dance - we've been doing it for about 30 years and there's not perfect system but we try our best."
The one exception is that graduating students can stay until Sunday.
Traffic control will be assisting all day Friday.
Consider an alternate route like the Esplanade or Highway 32 if you’re travelling north or south around the campus area.
The move out is just the beginning of a huge swell of congestion in store for the rest of the week.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Chico State Dorm Move out Will Need Traffic Control
- Traffic Controls Scheduled Through Chico State
- Controlled-Traffic Around Campus as Students Move In
- Chico State Move-In Day
- Chico State Graduation to Impact Downtown Traffic
- Traffic Light Controls Destroyed During Chico Hit and Run, Oroville Man Arrested
- Chico State graduation ceremonies to affect traffic and parking
- Traffic control workers save family from burning home in Magalia
- Highway 299 traffic control lifted after big rig crash
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest