CHICO, Calif.- Chico police talked down a man from a roof on Palm Avenue Monday night after leading officers on a foot chase.
The chase began after police responded to multiple calls about a man striking a woman in a domestic dispute behind the Big Tuna Sushi restaurant at 1722 Mangrove Ave.
When police arrived at the scene, the man, who police identified as Juan Villegas, immediately fled the scene, running through an alley and jumping over fences.
After setting up a perimeter, police found Villegas on a roof in the 1800 block of Palm Ave. Villegas refused to come down and threatened that he would jump.
After an hour and ten minutes of negotiation with police, Villegas agreed to come down from the roof and was brought into custody without further incident.
Villegas was charged with several domestic violence charges and a violation of parole and was booked into Butte County Jail.
- Chico police talk man off roof after foot chase
- Chico Car Chase Leads to Foot Pursuit
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- Chico police chase, arrest convicted felons
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Man arrested following police chase, crash in Chico
- Chico Police: Early morning high-speed chase through Chico
- SCSO: Man stabs brother, leaves on foot
- Oroville Police chase: man still missing
- Chico Politicians Talk Marijuana Policy