Chico, CA -- Chico Police arrested a man Thursday for allegedly threatening to stab a Save Mart Supermarket employee who tried to stop him from shoplifting about 12:20pm.
Police say the suspect, identified as Raymon Collingwood, 27, then fled the area, running to the back of the Save mart on West East Avenue.
Witnesses told police Collingwood got into the passenger seat of a black sedan on Henshaw Avenue and fled the area. Officers canvassed the area and located the sedan parked in the Kmart parking lot. Police confronted the driver, who told police he didn't know Collingwood. The driver told police Collingwood asked for a ride to the area and felt bad for Collingwood who appeared to be a transient, so he gave him a ride.
Collingwood was found a short time later in a transient camp located along Highway 99 behind the hotel with two others. Collingwood was in possession of the stolen items from Save Mart and was positively identified as the suspect. He was arrested for robbery and was transported to the Butte County Jail.
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Transient arrested for downtown Chico robbery
- Chico Police arrest suspect in two robberies
- Two Arrested after Armed Robbery in Chico
- Attempted robbery suspect arrested in Downtown Chico
- Subway Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Chico Police: Two Arrested for Robbery and Assault at 711
- Two Arrested After Online Date in Chico Turns Into Robbery
- Chico police arrest suspect in string of armed robberies
- K-Mart Robbery Suspect Arrested