Chico Calif.—Restaurants in Chico are following the trend and switching to paper straws.
Hula’s Restaurant in Chico has stopped using plastic straws.
The owner of Hula’s Restaurant, Linda Storey is encouraging other restaurants to do the same.
Restaurants can also at the least not automatically put straws out for customers, but wait for customers to ask for a straw.
Linda Storey from Hula’s says it’s the right thing to do being our landfills are filling up with plastic and the straw is a single use plastic item.
You can see in the video why Storey holds this change as a high priority.
Paper straws can be more expensive, but Storey says protecting the environment is more important to her than her bottom line.
- Chico Restaurant is Down with Paper Drinking Straws
- Chico State Eliminating Use of Plastic Straws
- New California Law to Limit Plastic Straws in Restaurants
- Chico named worst city for binge drinking
- Chico restaurant offers CBD on the menu
- LemonShark Poké Restaurant Comes to Downtown Chico
- Chico fast food restaurant takes a new security precaution
- Chico Jamaican Restaurant Celebrates 7 Years in Business
- Proposed California anti-plastic straw bill draws fire
- Starbucks, citing ocean threat, is ditching plastic straws