CHICO, Calif. - A location to place trailers for Camp Fire evacuees has become a divisive issue for many residents in Chico.
FEMA is considering placing trailers on an Eaton Road property and that has people in that area outraged because of the big impact it would have on the area.
However, others are not opposed to the trailers being in the area.
"I don't see anything wrong with it," said James Bergen, a Chico resident in the area of Eaton Road. "I think they need to go somewhere. Where else are you going to put them? I don't have a problem with this, I think it's a good idea."
FEMA is also looking at other properties in Butte County, and they hope to find that location and set up trailers as soon as possible.
- Chico Residents React to FEMA Trailer Location
- FEMA to Propose Evacuee Trailer Location in South Chico
- Living in a FEMA Trailer
- Neighbors React to Possibility of FEMA Trailers in Gridley
- FEMA Looking at New Chico Locations for Trailers, Debris Sorting Site
- 80 FEMA Trailers Ready for Fire Evacuees
- FEMA Trailers, Debris Removal Site Change
- 350 FEMA Trailers Approved for Gridley
- Rosewood FEMA trailer move-in postponed
- Runaway Chico teenager located