CHICO, Calif. - Azad’s Martial Arts Center hosted a personal safety workshop Saturday.
People learned how to chop and kick in the event of a home invasion, robbery or carjacking.
Students must sign up for the program and it’s two days of training.
This free event is held a couple times a year.
“I believe that there a few simple things that many people can do in our community to protect themselves. Before, they have to actually get involved in a personal safety self-defense situation. So we provided this course to empower our community,” said Grandmaster Azad, from Azad’s Martial Arts Center.
Master Azad says the classes are filled this weekend, but his studio will host another session in January.
- Chico Residents Learn Some Self Defense at Azad’s Martial Arts Center
- Chico Residents Rejuvenate at Healing Arts Festival
- Winter ‘Gift Show’ at the Chico Art Center
- Chico Art Center to Host Camp Fire Show
- Oroville residents learn about 'Park Watch' app
- Paradise Performing Arts Center concert series
- Chico group helps hungry residents in need
- Chico Residents Gather to Honor MLK's Legacy
- Chico Residents Create 'Cancel Kavanaugh' Event
- Cook Off Offers Chico Residents CPR Lessons