CHICO, Calif. - A Chico resident helped officers detain a wanted felon that he caught trying to burglarize his home.
The Chico Police Department received a report of a home burglary around 4:30 a.m. on Friday on Lazy S Lane.
The caller reported that her husband was involved in a fight with the suspect.
Officers found the resident holding the suspect, Kevin Fraser Govan, 31, on the floor of the garage upon arrival. Another family member had put wrist restraints made out of zip-ties on the suspect.
Officers located several knives including a switchblade in and near Govan's possession. He was also in possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
Govan received facial injuries during the altercation, but nobody else was injured.
He was treated at a local hospital and was then booked into Butte County Jail. He was booked on charges of burglary, theft from an automobile, possession of a switchblade knife, and possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
Officers said that Govan is a convicted felon and has outstanding felony arrest warrants from the Sacramento County Sheriff's for:
Possession of stolen property
Felon in possession of a firearm
Felon in possession of ammunition
Carrying a concealed firearm
He also has outstanding warrants from the Butte County Sheriff's Office for:
Felon in possession of tear gas
Possession of controlled substances
- Chico Resident Helps Officers Detain Wanted Felon in Home Robbery
- Redding K-9 officer detains wanted felon
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Chico Police: K-9 Officer Detains Wanted Man at Walmart
- Wanted Felon Behind Bars After Hitting Chico Police Car
- Chico police arrest fleeing felon with help from citizens
- BCSO cancel pursuit with wanted felon
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Two Wanted Felons Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Anderson Police Searching for Wanted Felon