Chico, Calif. -- A Chico Police sting operation captured nearly a dozen criminals.
Police used packages as bait, placing them in cars in the Chico parking structure next to a downtown hotel.
The Chico Police partnered with Chico State Police, Butte County Probation, Butte County Sheriff's Office and the Butte County District Attorney's Office for the proactive theft enforcement detail.
The detail focused on those who are currently on probation for theft and burglary related crimes and proactive contacts with suspected criminals on the streets.
Two theft sting operations were conducted with the use of a "bait car" in the Chico parking structure next to the Hotel Diamond.
A "bait package" was also left at a residence in an area with high package thefts.
11 people were arrested, according to the Chico Police Department.
Chico Police said if you're expecting an expensive package delivered, make sure someone can sign for them.
The suspects were arrested on various charges from possession of stolen property and burglary tools to possession of drugs.
Several people were arrested for prowling, vehicle tampering and for having felony warrants.
Commander Aldridge said they will be doing more sting operations in the near future.
- Chico Police sting operation nets 11 criminals
- Sting Operation on Illegal Contracting
- Stolen 'Wizard of Oz' Ruby Slippers Found during Sting Operation
- 13 Suspects Arrested in Illegal Contracting Sting Operation
- Sting operation in Oroville set up to deter underage drinking
- Sting operation leads to arrest of suspected Placer County pedophile
- Chico police conduct tobacco decoy operation
- Chico Heat to Suspend Operations
- Spike in Bidwell Yellowjacket Stings
- Shasta County DA Makes 9 Carr Fire Arrests in Undercover Sting Operation