Chico Police are on the hunt for the man who stabbed a young man in downtown Chico.
Officers say that around 7:50 p.m. they responded to a call in the area of Broadway St. between W.4th St. and W. 5th St. and found a young man who was suffering from a stab wound to his abdomen. They say the victim told them that he and his friends were involved in a verbal argument with a man. He told officers that the argument escalated into a physical fight and at some point, he was stabbed.
The victim was treated and released to his parents.
The suspect was described as Hispanic male adult, around 30 years old, 5’5” tall, wearing a black jacket, dark pants, possibly a Chico transient.
Police say the suspect was last seen walking northbound on Broadway St.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chico Police at (530) 897-4900.
- Chico Police on the hunt for stabbing suspect
- Chico police investigate stabbing
- Redding police arrest stabbing suspect
- Chico Police search for suspect in stabbing on bike path
- Chico Police searching for two suspects in overnight stabbing
- Police investigating stabbing near downtown Chico
- Chico Police searching for stabbing witnesses
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor
- Chico police respond to 2 stabbing incidents
- Chico police investigating stabbing on Nord Avenue