Updated 9:37 a.m. Saturday, Apr. 20, 2019 - According to the Chico Police Department, one subject was located with an apparent gunshot wound. The person was taken to a local hospital where he is in stable condition.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Chico Police Department at (530) 895-4911.
CHICO, Calif. - At 8:20 p.m. on Friday, Chico Police received several calls of neighbors hearing gunshots at an apartment complex on Running Springs Circle and Burnap Avenue.
Upon their arrival at the scene, police said they found one man shot.
Officers say that the victim was rushed to a local hospital, but his condition and identity are not being released at this time.
Police said they are investigating who shot the man, and are working on finding a suspect.
It is unknown if the victim actually lives at the apartment complex, or if the suspect and the victim know each other.
One neighbor, who wished to be kept anonymous, said that this was unusual for the neighborhood.
"A bunch of neighbors, we all started calling, everybody started asking if others were safe. People are very startled right now. It's very scary, we came outside of our apartments, we saw numerous police officers -- the caution tape -- it's definitely nerve wracking. It's very unfortunate whatever could have happened," said the neighbor.
Burnap Avenue was closed off until just before 11:00 p.m.
We will continue to update this article as more information comes in.
- Chico police confirm one man shot
- Chico man fires shots at child's birthday party, police say
- Measles case confirmed at Chico State
- Two shot after Chico party
- Manhunt for Utah man that shot police
- Man shot by police is burglary suspect
- Man Shot and Robbed at Gunpoint on Chico Streets
- Chico Police: Man shot in the back of the head gets robbed, suspects at large
- Chico Police Identify Man Shot and Killed During Alleged Robbery Attempt
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor