CHICO, Calif.- Chico police said they arrested two convicted felons on gun charges after chasing them down Monday morning.
Around 1:42 a.m., officers said they tried to stop a car for speeding on E. 9th Street at the Highway 99 overpass.
The driver would not pull over and officers pursued the car to Humboldt Avenue at Bartlett Street. The suspect tried to escape on foot, jumping out of the car while it was still moving. An officer began to run after the suspect even as he jumped over fences,
During the chase, police said the suspect, David Pacheco, dropped a gun. When the officer caught up to him, he found Pacheco in possession of cocaine, ecstasy and psilocybin mushrooms.
Pacheco was then arrested on multiple charges including reckless evading, possessing a gun and ammunition, having drugs intended for sale and resisting arrest.
Officers say the passenger in the car, Charles Augmon, also a convicted felon, took over driving when Pacheco jumped out of the car. However, officers stopped him and he was arrested when they found a second gun and more ammunition.
Both Pacheco and Augmon were booked into the Butte County Jail.
- Chico police chase, arrest convicted felons
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Convicted Felon Arrested with Stolen Firearm
- Officers Give Chase to Armed Convicted Felon near Chico State: CPD
- Wanted felon arrested by Chico K-9 Officer
- Chico police arrest fleeing felon with help from citizens
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- Wanted Felon Behind Bars After Hitting Chico Police Car