CHICO, Calif.- A suspected car thief was arrested following a chase with Chico Police.
According to the Chico Police Department, Monday afternoon around 3:30 p.m. an officer saw a car that was previously reported stolen. The officer says the car drove into the Winco parking lot and the officer tried to perform a high-risk stop but the suspect fled.
The officer then said they chased the suspect and after a short pursuit the suspect parked the vehicle and attempted to run away on foot.
Detectives, who were searching the area assisting patrol officers, say they saw the suspect running and were able to arrest him without further incident.
The suspect was identified as 34-year-old Travis Stites. He was charged with stealing a vehicle, evading arrest and driving on a suspended license. He is now behind bars in the Butte County Jail.
Chico police say Stites has a history of drug, theft, and violence related arrests with Chico Police Department.
The car was recovered and secured for its owner.
- Chico Police chase and arrest suspected car thief
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Redding Police arrest "Habitual Thief"
- Placer County Sheriff’s Deputies Arrest Suspected Paradise Car Thief
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Chico police chase, arrest convicted felons
- Thief Arrested While Fleeing Redding Police
- Chico Police arrest stolen car suspect wearing victim's shoes
- Suspect arrested after being chased away from Chico neighborhood
- Chico Car Chase Leads to Foot Pursuit