Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE 5:15 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2019 - Officers say Robert Anthony Garcia Jr. admitted to fleeing from officers and said he had about a quarter ounce of meth in his system.
Garcia is charged with evading an officer, possession of a stolen vehicle, hit and run and resisting arrest.
CHICO, Calif. - Chico Police say they have arrested a man after employees at Home Depot tipped them off on Jan. 14.
Officials say around 1 p.m. they were called by the home improvement's loss prevention saying they believe they saw someone who may have had a warrant.
They followed the man out to a truck and were able to provide police with a license plate number before the man left the parking lot.
Through running the plate number, officials say they learned the truck was stolen out of Oroville and they were able to find the truck near Tractor Supply on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway.
Officers followed the truck as it turned westbound on East 20th. This is when the suspect began driving erratically and officials say by Park Avenue they were told not to pursue as to lower the risk of any collisions.
By 1:30 p.m. around Esplanade and Cohasset, the truck was spotted again and with front-end damage after having run a stop sign as he was fleeing and hit an SUV, though no officers were following him. Those in the SUV were not injured.
Once stopped at the intersection of East Avenue and Esplanade, officials say the suspect got out of the truck and ran into the parking lot of Little Caesars.
Officials say the man was on parole for assault with a deadly weapon. On Tuesday the man was arrested for evading an officer, hit and run and for the stolen vehicle.
- Chico Police arrest man for stolen vehicle, evading an officer
- Anderson Police Officer Recovers Stolen Vehicle
- 3 arrested for stolen vehicle in Corning
- Police Arrest Suspect in Multiple Stolen Vehicle Cases
- Chico Police Officer injured while making arrest
- Chico Police arrest stolen car suspect wearing victim's shoes
- Chico police arrest suspect accused of vandalizing 14 vehicles
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision
- Chico Police Arrest Man for Auto-Theft