CHICO, Calif. – The Chico Police Department conducted an unusual shoplifting arrest in Chico on Monday afternoon.
At 2:37 p.m. officers responded to a shoplifting report from Kohl’s department store on Springfield Drive.
An employee told police they had seen the suspect riding a bicycle northbound toward Humboldt Rd. on the bike path.
They arrested 30-year-old Duke Clayton at the intersection of Humboldt Rd. and Bruce Street. Officers said the Kohl’s employees positively identified Clayton as the suspect.
Police confiscated what they said was stolen property – but found more than that.
They also said they found 250 syringes on Clayton. They did not say where the needles came from.
Clayton was arrested for shoplifting, possession of narcotics, and for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant.
- Chico Police arrest man for shoplifting, find 250 syringes
- Shoplifting arrests up in Chico
- Chico Police Arrest TJ Maxx Shoplifters
- Suspect arrested for shoplifting at Chico Target
- Home Depot workers help Chico police arrest shoplifting suspects
- Proposal to look at syringe exchange program for Chico
- Chico City Council: syringe access program, Upper Park repairs
- Chico PD: Shoplifting Prevention Program is Successful
- Winco employees help Chico police capture armed shoplifting suspect
- Chico Police Arrest 3 in Connection to String of Costly Shoplifts