CHICO, Calif. - A 23-year-old man was arrested after officials say he sexually assaulted a woman on Saturday, Sept. 28.
Officers received a report of a suspicious circumstance occurring on West 6th Street around 4 a.m.
The caller told officials he did not recognize the subject and was concerned he was prowling before going inside the house.
After a period of time, officials say they were notified by the caller that he had seen a woman quickly exit the house and run away. He then watched the male also exit and walk off.
Chico State Police also responded to the area and located a man matching the description just a few blocks away.
The subject was identified as Felipe Marquez-Segura.
During the initial investigation, officers say they located the woman who ran away. She explained to them she had been sexually assaulted while in the home by a man who she had never had prior contact with.
Marquez-Segura was positively identified as the subject who entered the home and assaulted the victim.
He was arrested for the sexual assault and taken to Butte County Jail.
- Chico Police arrest man for early morning sexual assault
- Chico Police: Suspect Arrested in Guitar Assault
- Chico Doctor Arrested: Charged with Sexually Assaulting Patient
- Chico Police: Early morning high-speed chase through Chico
- Police: Man arrested for sexual battery near downtown Chico
- Chico police investigating ride-share sexual assault claim
- Humboldt County shopping center sexual assault arrest
- Redding masseuse arrested on sexual assault charges
- Yuba City man arrested for sexually assaulting a minor
- Yuba City Man Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault