CHICO, Calif. – Just minutes after midnight on Feb. 15, the Chico Police Department received reports of gunshots heard in the area of W 2nd Ave and Warner Street. Officers arrived and located a large party letting out.
Police say as they canvassed the crowd, partygoers denied any knowledge of a shooting or hearing shots. The party dispersed as officers stood by with no one coming forward.
According to officials about 10 minutes after officers left the area, a 20-year-old male arrived at the Enloe Medical Center Emergency Room suffering from a gunshot wound. At the time of this press release, the victim’s injuries are believed to be non-life threatening.
Police say the victim, a Chico resident, indicated that he had been shot outside of a party, following a large fight. It appears the party and fight that preceded the shooting, all occurred at the very location officers initially responded to.
Officers resumed the investigation but have minimal information about the shooting.
Police believe that there are individuals who were at the party who have more information or who might have been eyewitnesses to the fight/shooting.
Police ask anyone with more information to please come forward, call the Chico Police Department at 530-897-4900 and reference case #20-001060.
- Chico house party results in a shooting
- Airbnb bans 'party houses' after Halloween shooting
- Two shot after Chico party
- Police: Man arrested after firing shots at a house party in west Chico
- Chico police share results of 'Turn in Your Vape' campaign
- Glenn County Election Results
- Tehama County Election Results
- Butte County Election Results
- Shasta County Election Results
- Sutter County Election Results