A Chico man is in jail after police said he stole some merchandise from a local sporting goods store and fought employees trying to stop him.
Chico Police say 33-year-old Johnathan Gonzalez entered the Chico Sports LTD, located at 698 Mangrove Ave, around 11 a.m. Monday morning, grabbed a pair of shoes and attempted to walk out without paying.
When employees saw the suspect trying to leave the store without paying, they followed him out and a fight pursued. Police officers have not said if anyone was hurt in the fight.
The suspect was found a short-time later and arrest. He was charged with robbery and is now at Butte County Jail.
- Chico Police: Suspect steals shoes, fights employees
- Redding Police: Man Steals 12 Right Shoes
- Chico Police arrest stolen car suspect wearing victim's shoes
- Winco employees help Chico police capture armed shoplifting suspect
- Chico Police Arrest Armed Teen Stealing Gifts
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Grocery Outlet Robbery Suspect Initiates Foot Pursuit, Fights with Employee
- Chico police fight crime with technology
- Chico police: Burglary suspect arrested after stealing car, crashing near PV High
- Chico police are searching for suspected shoplifter who threatened a Kmart employee