CHICO, Calif. - On Sept. 25 at approximately 11:51 p.m., Chico Police Dispatch received numerous 911 calls regarding two men fighting near W. 3rd Street and Main Street.
It was reported that during the fight, one of the males was being struck with a guitar. When officers responded to the area, they discovered a located a 32-year-old male victim with injuries. The male who had the guitar fled the area.
Shortly after, a Chico State police officer located a male matching the suspect’s description on the intersection of W. 4th Street and Broadway Street. The male was identified as 29-year-old Chico transient, Jamie Harper.
The investigation revealed the victim and Harper were in a verbal argument. During the argument, the victim swung a plastic milk crate at Harper. Harper then went to his personal belongings and obtained a guitar. He then went towards the victim and struck him several times with the guitar on the head and body causing injuries.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for his injuries, where it was discovered that he sustained a non-life threatening head injury.
Harper was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and later transported to the Butte County Jail.
- Chico Police: Suspect Arrested in Guitar Assault
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Chico Police arrest suspect in two robberies
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Chico Police: Officer assaulted while trying to detain DUI suspect
- Chico Police Searching for Suspect in City Plaza Assault
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Chico Police: Two Arrested for Robbery and Assault at 711
- Redding Police say suspect assaulted officers, K9 during arrest
- Police Arrest Redding Man Suspected of Severely Assaulting, Robbing Girlfriend