Chico Calif.—Chico Police responded to the 27 hundred block of White Avenue in Chico with guns drawn just after 1:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
Neighbors in the area received a reverse 911 call and text telling them there was a person possibly armed with a gun and to take shelter in place.
When police arrived to the scene they told neighbors to stay away from the windows.
They also turned away neighbors trying to get to their homes.
Neighbors said it lasted for close to an hour.
Action News Now reporter James Villalobos was on scene and spoke to neighbors that said, at one point they heard a bang but were not sure if it was a gun shot.
According to Chico Police they were dealing with a juvenile with fireworks.
We are looking into why police had their guns drawn, and what circumstances led to the ordeal.
We will keep you updated as more information comes into our newsroom.
- Chico Police Respond to Neighborhood with Guns Drawn
- Chico Police host Neighborhood Watch meeting
- Standoff situation ends in Chico Avenues neighborhood
- Yuba City Police targets neighborhood speeders
- Anderson police conduct monthly neighborhood enforcement operation
- Redding Neighborhood Police Unit wins big award
- Redding Police: Neighborhood Prowlers Chased, Captured
- Gang members found guilty of shooting up Chico neighborhood
- Oak Way resident says speeders endanger Chico neighborhood
- Chico Neighborhood Groups Unite to Clean Out Illegal Campsites