CHICO, Calif.- Chico Police say a contractor working for PG&E crashed into a traffic light and a storefront at 4:50 a.m. Monday.
Police say it happened at the intersection of Skyway and Dominic Drive. Police say the worker was driving home after a long shift and fell asleep at the wheel. He crashed into a traffic control box, destroying it, and knocked the traffic light down. The driver then backed up and crashed into the storefront of "Intero," shattering a glass wall.
Police say the driver was hospitalized with minor injuries, and is expected to be okay. There are no road closures. Crews are working to clear the debris from the roadway.
- Chico Police: PG&E Contract Worker Falls Asleep at Wheel Crashes Into Building
- Chico business falls victim to PG&E phone scam
- Chico City Council accepts PG&E $50K donation
- PG&E Investigates Power Outage in North Chico
- Chico apartments targeted in PG&E scam
- Hotel Workers at California's Disneyland Resort OK Contract
- Postal worker recovering from crash
- Home Depot workers help Chico police arrest shoplifting suspects
- PG&E Fire Safety
- PG&E Breaking Up?