Chico, CA -- Chico Police say they have arrested a man who punched a Loss Prevention employee while trying to steal power tools.
They say Saturday just before 2:30pm, Chase Waller, 28, of Chico, and Cristopher Farley, 25, of Oroville were at the Home Depot on Notre Dam Boulevard. Investigators say they tried leave the store while carrying power tools that they didn't pay for. Police say, when confronted by the Loss Prevention employee, Waller assaulted the employee. They then jumped in a Honda and took off.
That Honda was spotted and stopped by an officer minutes later on Forest Avenue. The Loss Prevention employee identified Waller as the man who committed the robbery and assault. Police say they located the stolen power tools in the Honda.
A third passenger, a female, was questioned and released.
Waller was arrested for robbery and violation of probation. Farley was arrested for driving on a suspended license and a probation violation.
- Chico Police: Man Punched Home Depot Loss Prevention Employee
- Home Depot workers help Chico police arrest shoplifting suspects
- Mercy Medical Employee Continues to Work Despite Home Loss
- Chico Police: Suspect steals shoes, fights employees
- Gold Nugget Museum finds temporary home at Paradise Depot Museum
- Man Punches Online Enemy at Redding Mall
- Deaf Woman, Service Dog Punched
- Chico PD: Shoplifting Prevention Program is Successful
- Winco employees help Chico police capture armed shoplifting suspect
- Chico police arrest home invasion suspect