CHICO, Calif. -- A Chico Police Officer was injured Friday night while trying to arrest a Chico man for being drunk in public on Abbott Circle.
Chico Police said when officers tried to arrest 39-year-old David Boychuck, Boychuck ran off.
One officer who tried to arrest Boychuck hit his head against a wall, receiving minor injuries.
The injured officer called for emergency assistance, prompting several other police cars to show up.
Boychuck is in a local hospital with minor injuries. Police said he will be booked into the Butte County Jail. He is facing charges including being drunk in public and resisting arrest.
- Chico Police Officer injured while making arrest
- Chico Police Street Crimes Unit Makes 25 Weekend Arrests
- Chico police make DUI arrest after overnight crash
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Chico Police Officer Has Swiss Connection
- Chico Police Holding Ceremony for Fallen Officers
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Chico Police Arrest Armed Teen Stealing Gifts
- Chico Police Arrest TJ Maxx Shoplifters
- Chico Police: Suspect Arrested in Guitar Assault